IBPS PO 2019 Selection Procedure comprises two exams – Prelims and Mains followed by a final round of Interview. However, score of Prelims exam will not be included as it is a qualifying exam for Mains. The final result will be compiled on the basis of score obtained in Mains exam and Interview in the ratio of 80:20 (Mains:Interview).
IBPS PO 2019 Selection Procedure
IBPS PO 2019 Selection Procedure comprises three phases of examination – Prelims, Mains and Interview. Candidates have to appear and qualify all the 3 phases to be eligible for provisional allotment of vacancies. Detail of the selection procedure is provided below:
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam
The Preliminary Examination for IBPS PO 2019 is scheduled to take place on 12, 13, 19 and 20, October 2019. This is the first stage in the IBPS PO Selection Process. It includes an online test consisting of 3 sections-English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
Exam Duration: 1 Hour (60 minutes)
Total Questions: 100 (Quantitative Aptitude – 35 + Logical Reasoning – 35 + English Language – 30)
Total Marks: 100 marks
Questions Type: MCQs (Multiple Type Questions)
Candidates will be shortlisted for IBPS PO Main Paper only if they qualify Prelims.
IBPS PO Main Exam
IBPS PO Main Examination is also an online examination. IBPS PO Main Exam is scheduled for November 30, 2019. There are 4 sections in the exam- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
IBPS has also introduced “Descriptive English” section which has only 2 questions i.e. Essay and Letter Writing. It will carry 25 marks and 30 minutes to attempt the section.
Exam Duration: 210 minutes
Total Questions: 157
Total Marks: 225 marks
Questions Type: MCQs (Multiple Type Questions) + Descriptive Questions (English)
The overall difficulty level is higher than Prelims. Candidates must qualify the Mains exam; section – wise and on overall basis to become eligible for the third phase i.e. Interview.
IBPS PO Interview
The interview round for IBPS PO 2019 is the final step in the Selection Procedure. The candidates must attain 40% (35% for reserved category) to finally qualify for IBPS PO. Interviews will be conducted by the participating organizations and nodal banks in each state.
Candidates must access the call letter for IBPS PO from the official website. It will provide information about interview center, time and date.
Documents required for IBPS PO2019 Interview
Candidates must carry required documents at the time of IBPS PO Interview. They must carry the documents in original and self-attested photocopies. If the candidates are unable to produce the documents at the time of interview, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Copy of Interview Call Letter
- Certificate of Experience
- Proof of Date of Birth (Certificate of Birth issued by the Competent Municipal Authorities or SSLC/ Std. X Certificate with DOB)
- Copy of system generated online Application Form
- Photo Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, etc.)
- Mark Sheets and Certificates of previous qualifications (Result must declared on or before August 13, 2019)
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC category designated by Govt. of India (Candidates under creamy layer or name not displayed under OBC category have to apply under General category only)
- Candidates working with Government /Public Sector jobs must produce NOC (No Objection Certificate) at the time of interview which must not be in favor of any organization
- Certificate of eligibility must be issued by Govt. of India in case, the candidate belongs to another country
- Candidates who want to avail the benefits of age relaxation under the category of Original Jammu & Kashmir residents during the insurgency period from January 01, 1980 to Dec. 31, 1989, must submit a domicile certificate issued by District Jurisdiction or any authorized body of Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir during the interview process. The certificate must specify the place where candidate originally resided from January 01, 1980 to Dec. 31, 1989
- Disability certificate issued by the District Medical Board in case of PwD candidates (Details of Scribe (if any) must also be specified in the prescribed format)
- Ex-Servicemen must produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book besides pension payment order and documentary proof of rank previously / currently held at the time of interview (For candidates presently serving in the defense forces, a certificate is required to be submitted issued from a competent authority stating that they are to be relieved from their service on or before August 12, 2019
- Candidates seeking age relaxation under the category of victims of 1984 riots must produce a certificate issued by District Magistrate stating that the candidate is eligible to receive relief in terms of the Rehabilitation Package for 1984 Riot Affected Persons which is approved by the Government and communicated to Ministry of Finance, Dept. of Financial Services communication No.F.No.9/21/2006-IR dated 27.07.2007
Issuing Authorities for Reserved Category Candidates
The candidates applying and seeking relaxation under various reserved categories such as SC/SC/OBC/PwD are required to obtain the requisite certificates from the authorities designated by Govt. of India.
Certificates issued by any other authority would not be considered valid. The competent authorities for issuance of documents is listed in the table below.
| Category|| Required Documents|| Issuing Authorities|
| Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Other Backward Classes||SC/ST caste Certificate, OBC-NCL Certificate|| District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Collector, Deputy Commissioner, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Collector, First Class Stipendiary Magistrate, City Magistrate, Sub-Divisional Magistrate (not below the rank of First Class Stipendiary Magistrate), Taluk Magistrate, Executive Magistrate, Extra Assistant Commissioner|
Chief Presidency Magistrate, Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate, Presidency Magistrate
Revenue Officer (not below the rank of Tehsildar)
Sub-divisional officer of the Area where the candidate or his family resides
| Persons With Disabilities (PwD)||Disability Certificate I / Disability Certificate II / Disability Certificate III||Medical Board at the District level consisting of Chief Medical Officer, Sub-Divisional Medical Officer in the District and an Orthopaedic / Ophthalmic / ENT Surgeon|
IBPS PO 2019 Provisional Allotment
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of number of vacancies and performance of candidates in the Main examination and Interview. The final score considered for the selection of candidates is based on 80:20 ratio of Main and interview score.
The allotment will be done on the basis of merit cum preference along with fulfilment of eligibility criteria for organizations. Candidates failing to meet the criteria can no longer be the part of selection procedure.
A reserve list is created to the extent of 10% vacancies under each category which depends upon the availability of candidates. The list will expire on March 31, 2020 and the candidates under this category will not be considered for allotment.
Note: All the vacancies comes under All India Cadre and the provisionally allotted candidates could be posted anywhere in India as per the requirement of the participating organizations.
Tie-Breaker Policy – If two or more candidates obtain same score, the candidate who is eldest of all will be preferred.