IBPS will release the result of IBPS PO 2019 Preliminary exam in the month of November 2019 and Mains exam in December 2019 followed by the final round of Interview. Result will be declared on the official website – ibps.in in the form of Scorecard. The marks obtained in Mains exam and Interview are the deciding factors for selection of the candidates.
- Preliminary exam is not considered in the final score for selection of the candidates. It is just a qualifying exam for Mains.
- Candidates who qualify Mains will appear for the interview round.
- Finally, the candidates who qualify interview are selected.
Candidates are selected based on the ratio of 80:20 (Mains:Interview)
IBPS PO 2019 Important Dates
Important dates regarding Exams and Results are provided here:
|Date of IBPS PO 2019 Prelims||October 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2019|
|Declaration of IBPS PO Prelims Result||November 13, 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Main Exam||November 30, 2019|
|Declaration of IBPS PO Mains Result||December 2019|
|IBPS PO Interview Date||February 2019|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
Check IBPS EXAM DATE
How to Download IBPS PO 2019 Result?
Candidates need to download separate Admit Card and Result for each phase. Follow the steps to download the Result:
- Log on to www.ibps.in
- Click on the link for the required Result
- Enter Registration No./ Roll No. and Password/ Date of Birth
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Download tand take a print out of the same for future reference
Details in IBPS PO Score Card
- Name of the candidate
- Form No.
- Test month and year
- Roll No.
- Date of birth
- Maximum Score & Obtained Score
- Cutoff score
IBPS PO 2019 Result Declaration
The scores for all the three exams (Prelims, Mains, Interview) will be released separately. As per IBPS PO 2019 Selection Procedure, the candidates will move to next phase, if and only if they qualify the previous phase.
IBPS PO Prelims Result
Prelims is a qualifying examination. Its result is not considered for selection of the candidates.
- Total marks: 100 marks
- Negative Marking: 1/4th for each incorrect response
- To get qualified for the next phase, candidates must meet the sectional cutoff as well as the overall cutoff.
- Results for Preliminary exam will be declared by IBPS with cut-off list.
- Candidates who qualify the exam will be eligible for the Mains exam.
IBPS PO Mains Result
IBPS PO 2019 Mains is the 2nd phase for the recruitment process of Probationary Officer.
- Total marks: 200 marks
- Negative Marking: 1/4th for each incorrect response
- As per the changes in IBPS PO Mains, candidates need to qualify each section of mains and also a minimum qualifying mark in total to get shortlisted for the interview process.
- Cut-off list is created based on the vacancies and the difficulty level of examination.
- Marks gained in Mains exam will not be disclosed to candidates before the final round.
IBPS PO InterviewResult
Candidates who score qualifying marks in IBPS PO will be called for Interview.
- Total Marks: 100 marks.
- Candidates from unreserved category should score at least 40% while reserved category must score at least 35%.
How is IBPS PO Result Calculated?
Mentioned below are the factors contributing to the calculation of IBPS PO Scores.
- Number of questions correctly answered after applying the penalty for wrong answers.
- The difficulty level of the questions in IBPS PO Exam. Scores obtained by candidates on any test are equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.
- Final scores in each test are rounded off to the nearest integer.
*Scores up to 2 decimal numbers are taken for calculating the scores in IBPS PO Result.
Normalization of Final Scores
The corrected scores obtained by the candidates in each of the sessions will be normalized using equi-percentile method. Corrected score is calculated by the number of correct answers given by candidate with a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. So, if a candidate scores 30 correct answers and 8 wrong answers, then the total score of the candidate will be 28 ( 30 – 2 ).
Why Normalization of Score?
IBPS PO Exam is held in different states, multiple venues, and morning/evening shifts. Each of the shifts have different set of question papers online. Since the question papers are different, the level of question paper varies.
Due to variation in difficulty level, IBPS normalizes the score to take care of the difference in the level of questions. No candidate should feel at loss while attempting the exam. By using equi-percentile method, IBPS makes sure an unbiased decision is made.
IBPS PO 2019 Answer Key
IBPS PO/MT examinations will be conducted in morning and evening shifts on the defined dates. The answer keys of IBPS PO will be published in 4 different sets- Set A, Set B, Set C and Set D on the official website of IBPS.
How to Download IBPS PO 2019 Answer Key?
The answer key will be available on the official website after the exam is conducted. Steps to download the answer key:
- Visit the Official website of IBPS- ibps.in.
- Click on the link for IBPS PO 2019 Answer Key.
- The user will be redirected to pdf file of the Answer Key.
IBPS PO 2019 Vacancies
- Around 3562 vacancies were present last year. For 2019, seats may be more or less the same.
- Vacancies varies according to the participating banks and the category of candidates.
- Out of the total number of vacancies available for recruitment, maximum were in Canara Bank (1350) followed by Andhra Bank (625) and UCO Bank (530).
- Corporation Bank has no vacancies reserved for OBC category.
Tabulated below are the expected vacancies offered by every participating organization for each category:
|Bank Name||SC||ST||OBC||Gen||Total||Out of Which PwD|
|Bank of Baroda||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Bank of India||30||15||54||101||200||2||2||2||2|
|Bank of Maharashtra||15||7||27||51||100||0||3||1||0|
|Central Bank of India||15||8||28||49||100||1||1||1||1|
|Indian Overseas Bank||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|Punjab National Bank||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|Punjab and Sindh Bank||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Union Bank of India||83||34||78||127||322||14||3||13||11|
|United Bank of India||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
IBPS PO Result FAQs
Ques. Where will the IBPS PO results be displayed?
Ans. The results will be displayed on the official website of IBPS after completion of each phase of examination.
Ques. Will there be sectional cut-off or only an overall cut-off?
Ans. IBPS PO contains both sectional as well as an overall cut-off. You need to clear both to be eligible for the next phase.
Ques. If I score very well and meet the overall cut-off but have scored poorly in one section, will I qualify for the next round?
Ans. No, even if you meet the overall cut-off score or score above it, you will not qualify for the next round unless you have cleared the sectional cut-offs.
Ques. How will the final merit list be prepared?
Ans. The marks of both, main examination and interview would be taken into account for the final merit list. Marks of Main exam and interview will be taken in the ratio of 80:20.
Ques. What is the expected cut-off marks for 2019?
Ans. Cut-off marks will be declared by IBPS only after result declaration. However, last year the cut off marks for general category and OBC was 73-78 marks, for SC around 48-53 marks, and for ST around 45-50 marks. So, ideally one should target these scores while preparing.
Ques. Will the results be in percentile or percentage?
Ans. Marks will be displayed in the form of scores and percentile.
Ques. How are the cut-off marks calculated?
Ans. Cut off scores are calculated based on normalization method by IBPS. After carefully examining total no of correct questions the penalty of incorrect questions is deducted and then corrected scores are obtained. Then equated scores are calculated and based upon that the overall and sectional cut-offs are decided.
Ques. How will I know if I am selected for interview? Where will the interviews be conducted?
Ans. Students selected for interview will receive a mail on their registered mail ids and they will have to download the interview call letters from the ibps website. Interviews would be conducted in select centres and all the details about interview center, date and time would be mentioned in the call letter.
Ques. How will the provisional allotment be done?
Ans. Provisional allotment of the selected candidates would be done on a merit-cum preference basis.
Ques. What are the minimum marks required to qualify for the interview?
Ans. To be able to qualify the interview round, a student needs to get at least 40% marks for general category and 35% marks for all other categories.
Ques. I am not satisfied with my result. Can I get my exam scores re-evaluated?
Ans. If you are not satisfied with the marks mentioned on the scorecard you may register your query on the CGRS portal.
Ques. For how long will my scores be valid?
Ans. Your score card will be valid only for one year.
Ques. Is it possible to change bank preferences before provisional allotment?
Ans. The preference list cannot be modified once you have submitted the form and the bank allotted to the candidate by IBPS will be final.
Ques. Will the number of vacancies increase for IBPS PO Recruitment 2019?
Ans. Yes, there is a chance of an increase since a few participating banks have not yet declared their total available vacancies.
Ques. What are the dates for IBPS PO Interview 2019?
Ans. Although the official dates are yet to be out, the interview rounds will be held in January/ February 2019.
Ques. Will the marks of Prelims rounds be included in the final merit list?
Ans. No, the prelims paper is only qualifying in nature. The merit list will include marks of Mains & Interview only.