Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts exam for the position of Probationary Officer (PO)/Management Trainee in various public sector banks in India. The online examination is held in two phases – Preliminary and Main. IBPS PO official notification is now available. The next Common Recruitment Process for selection of the candidates is scheduled in October/November 2019 (tentatively). However, the online registration for the exams begins in the month of July (tentatively).
IBPS PO 2019 Application Form will be available in the month of July 2019. Candidates who wish to apply must have a bachelors degree in a required stream.
Candidates in order to get selected must qualify preliminary exam and main exam followed by an interview session.
|Allahabad Bank||Corporation Bank||Canara Bank||Dena Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Bank of Baroda||IDBI Bank||Indian Bank|
|Punjab National Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||Central Bank of India||Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Overseas Bank||UCO Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Vijaya Bank||United Bank of India||Union Bank of India||Oiental Bank of Commerce|
Highlights of IBPS PO 2019
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection- Probationary Officers exam|
|Conducting Body||IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualification: Graduate from a recognized University|
Age Limit: 20 years – 30 years
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test|
|Duration of Exam||Preliminary: 1 hour|
Mains: 3 hours 30 minutes
|IBPS PO Salary||INR 37,360 – INR 38,700 (in hand salary)|
|IBPS PO Help Desk||1800 222 366 / 1800 103 4566|
IBPS PO 2019 Important Dates
The application process starts in the month of july 2019. Tentative dates for the events are:
|Online Registration including Edit/Modification of Application||July 2019- August 2019|
|Online Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||July 2019- August 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card for Prelims||September 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Prelims Exam Date||October 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2019|
|Publication of Results of IBPS PO 2019 Prelims||October 2019|
|Availability of Hall Ticket for IBPS PO 2019 Main||November 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Main Exam Date||November 30, 2019|
|Publication of Results for IBPS PO 2019 Main||December 2019|
|Issuance of Call Letters for IBPS PO 2019 Interview||January 2020|
|Common Interview Schedule||January/February 2020|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
IBPS PO 2019 Vacancies
Mentioned are the expected vacancies for 2019. PwD candidates are further divided into (HI,OC,VI,ID). Applicants may refer the vacancies category-wise:
IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to study eligibility conditions laid down by IBPS before registering for IBPS PO 2019. In case, any candidate does not meet the specific condition at any stage of the Common Recruitment Process, the candidature is liable to be rejected immediately. The basic eligibility criteria is necessary to be followed:
To appear for IBPS PO 2019, a candidate must be any of the following:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zaire, or Zambia with the intention of residing permanently in India.
Note: Candidates belonging to the categories (2,3 and 4) should possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- A graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a university recognized by Government of India.
- General category candidates must score minimum 60% marks while there is a relaxation of 5% for reserved category.
- General category applicants should be of at least 20 years but less than 30 years, as on August 1, 2019.
- Provisions for age relaxation, depending upon the category of the candidate as per IBPS norms, is tabulated below:
|Category||Relaxation in age|
|Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes- Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||3 years|
|Persons with Disability (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers (including Emergency Commissioned Officers, and Short Service Commissioned Officers) who were in service for not less than 5-years and resigned on the conclusion of the assigned project.||5 years|
|The original residents of Kashmir Division of the State of J&K during January 1980 to December 1989.||5 years|
|Candidates affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
Read More IBPS PO Eligibility
IBPS PO 2019 Application Form
IBPS PO Application Form 2019 is expected to be available online from July 2019 onwards. Registration of candidates:
- Visit the official website of IBPS, i.e. www.ibps.in
- Click on the tab “APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE-PROBATIONARY OFFICERS/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES” to access the Online Application Form.
- Register application by entering basic information in the online form.
- Candidates need to be very careful about the details they enter as there is no provision for editing or modification of the data entered in the application form.
- The system would generate a provisional registration number and password on the screen as well as send the same via Email & SMS to registered email ID and mobile number.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given below:
|Applicant’s recent, colour, passport-size photograph of good quality with light background||Image dimensions: 200 X 230|
Pixels File Type: JPG
File size: 20 KB – 50 KB
|Applicant’s signature||Image dimensions: 140 X 60|
Pixels File Type: JPG
File size: 10 KB – 20 KB
- IBPS PO 2019 application fees can be paid in the online mode only. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment can be made by using Debit or Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
- On successful completion of the payment process, an e-receipt will be generated which must be printed and saved along with the completed application form.
Precautions while filling the Application Form
- The applicant’s name/guardian’s name etc. should be spelled identically to the applicant’s certificates/mark sheets. Any dissimilarity found may disqualify the candidature.
- Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to carefully verify the details entered. No change is permitted once the form is submitted.
- Since all correspondence related to the recruitment drive would be sent via email and/or SMS, applicants are advised to register with an active email ID and a valid mobile number.
IBPS PO 2019 Application Fee
The application fee/intimation charges as per applicant’s category are tabulated below. Bank transaction charges as applicable, is to be borne by the applicants.
IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card
Separate Admit Cards will be issued for each round of IBPS PO 2019 which will be available on the official website. IBPS PO Admit Card 2019 for Prelims is expected to be issued in October 2019 while that for Main will be available in November 2019. Applicants need to follow the steps listed here to download their Admit Cards:
- Visit the official website of IBPS.
- Click on the link to download IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card.
- Enter the login credentials (Provisional ID and Password received during the IBPS PO Application Process).
- Verify the details on the Admit card and obtain multiple prints.
Documents required at the time of entry in the examination hall:
- Valid Admit Card for the respective date and session of the examination.
- Photo-identity proof (as specified) in original as well as xerox copy.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Centers
- IBPS PO 2019 candidates need to specify their preferred center for both Prelims and Main examinations in the online application form.
- Allotment of IBPS PO 2019 Exam Center will be on the “first-apply-first-allot” manner based on availability.
- The Admit Card will carry the details of the Exam Center and time. Once the centers are allotted, no request for change will be entertained by the Board.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2019 is an objective type, computer-based examination, while the exam pattern is different for the Prelims and Main Exam:
Prelims stage of IBPS PO exam comprises objective type questions which must be attempted by the candidates within an hour. The exam comprises 3 sections, i.e. English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. Medium of the exam is English and Hindi. Section-wise distribution of questions of each section is tabulated below.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English||30||+1 for each correct answer; -1/4 for each wrong answer||English||1 hour|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30||+1 for each correct answer; -1/4 for each wrong answer||English and Hindi||–|
|Reasoning Ability||35||+1 for each correct answer; -1/4 for each wrong answer||English and Hindi||–|
Note: Candidates who qualify preliminary exam will sit for the Main Exam.
The Main exam is divided into 5 sections and the section-wise distribution of questions is tabulated below. Candidates will have to answer 200 questions and maximum marks for the exam is 20.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|Essay & Letter Writing||2||25||English (30 minutes )|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English and Hindi||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||English and Hindi (35 minutes)|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English and Hindi (60 minutes)|
Check Detailed IBPS PO Paper Pattern
IBPS PO Pre-Exam Training
It is a special training process organized by the Nodal Banks/ IBPS PO participating banks before the exam for the candidates belonging SC/ST/Religious Minority Communities. The IBPS PO Pre-exam training is free of cost Here, candidates are introduced to the exam pattern and are given helpful tips & tricks by the experts.
This training also makes the candidates aware of IBPS PO recruitment process. It is usually conducted for 5 days and the option to avail it is available while filling the application form of IBPS PO.
Note:Candidates belonging to the reserved category will be provided free-of-cost pre-exam training by IBPS.
IBPS PO 2019 Syllabus and Recommended Books
The exam pattern of IBPS PO covers a vast range of subjects, wherein English and Quantitative Aptitude are at the elementary level and Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and General Awareness are at the competitive examination level.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||English Language||General Awareness||Computer knowledge|
|Simplification, Number Series, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage & Averages, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Allegations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Work & Time, Time & Distance, Sequence & Series, Quadratic Equation, Permutation & Combination||Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Input Output, Coding Decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test, Data sufficiency, Puzzle, Logical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles||Banking & Financial Awareness, Current Affairs. Static GK||Fundamentals of Computer, History of Computer, Internet MS Office, Input Output devices, Computer Shortcuts|
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|The Complete Success Package – Bank PO Recruitment Examination||Arihant Publications|
|Comprehensive Guide for IBPS||Disha Publications|
|Target IBPS PO||Disha Publications|
|Bank PO Solved Papers for PO & MT||Kiran Publications|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test For Bank PO||N K Singh|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R S Aggarwal|
|English Language||Wren & Martin|
|Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy||Kiran Publications|
IBPS PO 2019 Result
IBPS PO Result 2019 for each stage will be announced on the official website as per the schedule published by IBPS in its official notification. Successful candidates of Preliminary exam will appear for Main Exam wherein each candidate needs to secure a minimum cut-off score in order to qualify for the Interview round.
IBPS PO result for Prelims exam will be announced in October 2019 while that for the Mains exam will be announced in December 2019. The corrected scores obtained by each of candidates in different sessions of the main exam will be normalized using the equi-percentile method. Scores up to two decimal points will be taken for the purpose of calculations. There is a combined IBPS PO Result for qualification to the provisional allotment process. It comprises the marks obtained in main and interview taken together in the ratio of 80:20 (Main: Interview).
Steps to Download IBPS PO Scorecard
- Visit the official website of IBPS i.e. ibps.in
- Click on ‘CWE VII PO/MT’ tab
- Follow the link ‘IBPS PO Result’
- Enter the Registration ID, Password, and Date of Birth
- Verify and Click on Submit
- The scorecard is displayed which includes the maximum marks in each section, minimum cut off marks, and scores obtained by candidate.
- Download and Print IBPS PO Scorecard for further process.
IBPS PO 2019: Interview Process and Provisional Allotment
Candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks in IBPS PO Main exam will be eligible to take part in the interview round. The round will be conducted by various participating organisations with IBPS. Details of the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates via the Interview Call Letter which can be downloaded from the official website.
- The interview round will carry 100 marks and the minimum qualifying score is 40 (35 for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates)
- This is the final stage in the selection process of IBPS PO exam.
- This round carries 20% weightage in the final result.
- Through this round, a candidate’s communication skills and personality is examined.
- The weightage of the score of Main exam and interview will be in the ratio of 80:20.
Candidates are expected to score sufficiently high on the merit in both Main and Interview rounds in order to be considered for subsequent provisional allotment process. At the time of Interview, candidates need to furnish all prescribed documents, in the absence of which, the candidature might be cancelled.
- A printed copy of the Interview Call Letter
- Copy of system-generated filled-in preview of the online application form of IBPS PO 2019
- Valid proofs of Photo ID, DOB, and Caste/Disability/ or any other Certificate in support of claim for reservation, if applicable (in the prescribed formats only)
- Qualifying Examination Certificates
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility conditions.
Note: Upon successful completion of the interview process, depending on the vacancies at the Participating Organizations and based on merit-cum-preference of shortlisted candidates, they will be provisionally placed with one of the participating organizations.