IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019 mandates a candidate to hold a Bachelor’s Degree to apply for the exam. Candidates who have successfully submitted their forms can download IBPS PO Admit Card in September 2019. As per the official schedule, the exam dates are as follows:
- Prelims: October 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2019
- Mains: November 30, 2019
IBPS PO 2019 Age Criteria
The age limit must be between 20 and 30 years as on August 1, 2019. Candidates appearing for IBPS PO 2019 may seek age relaxation based on following criteria:
|SC/ ST (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe)||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes –Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PwD (Persons With Disabilities)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers which inlcudes Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs). These candidates must have gained at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of the assignment (including those whose assignment is due within a year) otherwise way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service||5 years|
|Persons actually domiciled in the J & K during the period from January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989.||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Note: Candidates in the need of relaxation in age limit must produce relevant certificates in original and xerox when called for Interview or at any stage of recruitment.
IBPS PO 2019 Academic Qualification
- As on September 5, 2019, candidate must possess graduation degree in any discipline/stream from a Government of India recognized university or,
- Must have any equivalent qualification, recognized by the Central Government to appear in IBPS PO 2019.
- A valid mark sheet or degree certificate
- The date on mark sheet/provisional certificate, issued by the university will be considered as the date of passing the eligibility examination
- The final result of candidates must be declared on or before September 5, 2019
- Students will have to submit relevant documents, for the interview
Educational Eligibility Criteria
- If any university provides a web-based certificate or the result, then the candidate must submit relevant original document or certificate signed by the college/ university authority
- Date of passing from an institution must be clearly meantioned at the time of interview, otherwise the eligibility criteria will not be met
- In case any university/college awards CGPA/OGPA, the value in percentage (till 2 decimal places) must be mentioned in the application form
- The result must be mentioned in whole figures. (59.99% → 60%)
Percentage Calculation under Educational Qualification Criteria
- Total marks obtained must be divided by aggregate marks and multiplied by 100 to get the final percentage of the candidiate
- This will be applicable for those universities where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
- At the time of the interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate which will be issued by the appropriate authority providing the norms of the university regarding the conversion of grade into percentage
IBPS PO Eligibility 2019 For PwD Category
Under section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for Reservation. The reserved categories of disabilities mentioned under this Act are namely:
- Blindness and low vision;
- Deaf and hard of hearing;
- locomotor disability including cerebral palsy. leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy;
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness;
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disabilities:
Note: Definition of the above specified disabilities will be as per “THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2016”. The allocation of reserved vacancies for the persons with benchmark disabilities will be as prescribed in the “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” and as per vacancies reported to IBPS by Participating Organisations.
IBPS PO Eligibility 2019 – Disabilities using a Scribe
There are specific guidelines for PwD candidates using a scribe. These candidates must adhere to the guidelines both at the time of applying and on the day of examination. The facility for scribe during online examination is available only for visually impaired candidates or candidates whose writing ability is hampered permanently due to any reason. The candidates have to bear the cost of scribe themselves.
The following rules and regulations would apply for the use of scribe.
- Candidates will have to arrange their own scribe at their own expense.
- Scribe could be from any academic stream.
- The candidate as well as the scribe, are required to submit a valid undertaking confirming that the scribe meets all the required eligibility criteria for a scribe. In case it so happens that he/she does not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or has hidden/distorted any facts then the candidature for that applicant would be cancelled, irrespective of the result.
- Candidates using scribe would be eligible for a compensatory time of 20 minutes or otherwise advised for every hour of examination.
- Scribe arranged by the candidate must not be candidate taking theIBPS Exam (CWE PO/MT-VI). In case of any violation, candidature of both the candidate and the scribe would be cancelled. Candidates have to carefully mention the request for scribe in the online Application form. No requests for the same would not be entertained at later stages.
- Candidates must bring along the Scribe declaration form by IBPS to the exam center.
- Candidates registered for compensatory time would be only allowed such concession as the compensatory time given to candidates would be system based, it would not be possible for the test conducting agency to provide such concessions if the candidate is not registered for the same. Thus, candidates not registered for the same will not be allowed any time concession.
Guidelines for candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy
- The compensatory time of 20 minutes every hour or otherwise advised would be allowed for candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy.
- The dominant (writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing down the performance of function (at least 40% disability).
Guidelines for Visually Impaired Candidates
- Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font and all such candidates will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of examination.
- The facility of viewing the contents of the test in magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
- These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines/ clarifications, if any, from time to time.
IBPS PO Application Form 2019
IBPS PO Registration can be done via online mode. To apply online, candidates can register at ibps.in. Here’s how you can fill IBPS PO Application Form in online mode:
- Visit the official website and click “click here to register for IBPS PO”.
- Enter complete details viz. Full name, Correct Email ID, Mobile Number and Date of Birth in the Online Fee Payment form to register.
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- After successful registration for IBPS PO, registration no. and password will be sent on your registered email id.
- Log in using registration no. and password and fill the form to complete the IBPS PO Application form.
Application Fees will be as follows –
- INR 100 for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- INR 600 for all others
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees will have to be borne by candidate.