What is GMAT Exam?
GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. The GMAT Exam is computer based and tests the writing, verbal, analytical, quantitative reasoning, and reading skills of the students in standard English language. This exam is very popular amongst students who wish to pursue MBA (Masters in Business Administration) or related programs from universities and business schools in India and abroad. In fact, it the most widely accepted exam for admissions in graduate management programs of business schools around the world. The GMAT score is valid for 5 Years.
Eligibility Criteria For GMAT Exam 2020-21:
- The candidates appearing for the GMAT Exam should be at least 18 years old. Although, candidates from age group of 13 – 17 can also appear for the GMAT only after a they submit a permission letter of consent letter from their parent or guardian.
- Since the exam is used as an admission criteria by many foreign universities, candidates are expected to have a solid understanding of English language. English in GMAT, is often considered to be a little tougher than general English.
- Candidates are expected to have any bachelor’s degree from a recognized university because the GMAT Exam is a gateway to mainly graduate management program. Also, there are no restrictions on the academic background for the GMAT.
- Remember, the university/school you are applying to will ask for specific courses as per their requirements and may also decide a minimum cut off score.
- Candidates can appear for GMAT Exam only 5 times in one year and only 8 times in lifetime.
The GMAT exam fees depends on the geographical location of the test centres. In India and most other parts of the world the fees is $250. Also, candidates must be aware of various other fees like cancellation and rescheduling fees. Both of them depend on how early the candidates choose to cancel or reschedule the exam.
More than 60 days before appointment : US$50
15-60 days before appointment: US$100
14 days and less before appointment: US$150
More than 60 days before appointment: US$100 refund
15-60 days before appointment: US$75 refund
14 days and less before appointment: US$50 refund
GMAT Exam Dates and Test Centres:
Like most of the other international exams, the GMAT Exam is conducted round the year in multiple test centres spread across India. Hence, you can choose a suitable day and location from the many available choices. The Test centres for GMAT are available all over the world in more than 100 countries. After selecting the exam date, candidates can choose the time of either the morning slot or the afternoon slot. Also, timings and availability of slots can vary with your region and time-zone. Thus, it is advised to start checking the dates in advance.
Also Read: Other Entrance Exams like IELTS, TOEFL
Why GMAT is Important:
If we talk about the numbers, more than 7000 business and management programs worldwide accept the GMAT Exam Score. This has been the test of choice of the world’s business leaders for admissions into leading business schools. Many graduate business schools rely more on the GMAT exam worldwide because it is an important indicator of your academic performance in foreign graduate management programs.
According to the official GMAT website, programs that require the GMAT attract the best students, which not only helps guarantee a rich educational environment, but also gives you access to an influential network of future business leaders that will enrich your career many times over.
GMAT Registration Process 2020-21:
Step 1: Visit the official GMAT website, by clicking on the link mentioned below and signup for a new account.
Step 2: Enter all the details asked for like name, age, phone no. etc and complete your profile. Provide all the asked academic & work details and submit them.
Step 3: Schedule your exam, by selecting the closest or preferred test centre. Also, choose the preferred date and time slot.
Step 4: Pay the GMAT Exam Registration fee online through debit or credit card and print/save the receipt for future references. Your registration is complete.
Registration link for GMAT Exam 2020-21: Click Here To Apply